Farm equipment is the leading cause of injury and death among farm . Most equipment-related accidents on the farm are due to farm tractor rollovers. Others are due to:
- Being caught in running machinery
- Non-highway transportation accidents (not including rollovers)
- Highway collisions between farm equipment and other vehicles
- Being struck by falling machinery parts
- Equipment contacting overhead or underground power lines.
Did you Know:
- 37% of the 7,571 farm who died on the job between 1992 and 2005 were involved in tractor accidents, according to the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- A staggering 93,000 farm suffered non-fatal, on-the-job injuries between 1997 and 2005, 12% of which occurred as a result of working with farm equipment.
As a result, farm are 800% more likely to die on the job than in other industries.
Click here for more farm worker injury statistics.
Compensation is Available
As a farm worker, you help feed the nation. It is simply not right that you are exposed to such hazards to do your job−especially when so many accidents could be prevented if manufacturers produced safe equipment and included warnings on their products.
Yet corporations continue to manufacture equipment that fails to adequately protect you, and thousands of you die or are injured every year.
You deserve compensation for your suffering, and the Farm Injury Resource Center wants to help you get it.
If you are an injured farm worker, if one of your family members has been injured or died working on a farm, or if you have lost wages due to injury, you are entitled to payments to help you recover medical and other costs.
Farm who are injured or killed by farm equipment may be eligible to receive payment for several types of compensation, including:
- Medical bills
- Skills training
- Lost income
- Physical suffering
- Emotional distress
- Disability benefits
No matter what state you live in, what your work status is, or what your nationality is, help is available. For a free and totally confidential consultation, contact the Farm Injury Resource Center. Let us help you win the compensation you deserve.